From 21 December 2001 there are new privacy rules in Australia covering all personal information held by organisations. These laws regulate, among other matters, the way organisations collect, use, disclose, keep secure and give people access to personal information. In this statement 'we' and 'us' means Dealer Solutions Pty Ltd.
Purpose and use of personal information
By maintaining your relationship with us, you consent to any personal information we collect about you being used and disclosed in the manner set out below. The main reason we collect your personal information is to enable us to provide to you the products and services which you have asked us to provide. This includes using your information:
- For our internal operations (including accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, staff training and compliance monitoring);
- To help us develop, establish and administer arrangements with other organisations in relation to the administration and use of the products and services which you have asked us to provide;
- To help us develop, identify and inform you of enhancements to the products and services which you have asked us to provide;
- To enable us to provide you with advice and ongoing service;
We may also use and disclose your personal information for the following additional purposes:
- To help us develop, identify and inform you of other products and services that may interest you;
- To help us develop, establish and administer arrangements with other organisations in relation to the promotion, administration and use of such other products and services;
- For marketing of products and services.
We may disclose your personal information to any person who carries out functions for us or to other organisations with whom we may have arrangements for promoting or marketing our products and services including the following (who will be bound by appropriate confidentiality obligations):
- entities we use for printing and/or mailing your regular statements and reports, newsletters and other correspondence;
- other entities we may use for outsourcing the administration of products and/or services we provide to you;
- Your bank or other financial institution, for any direct debits or credits;
- Auditors, consultants, legal or accounting firms, industry bodies and regulators; and
- A debt collection agency.
If you do not provide personal information we request, or do not consent to its use and disclosure as described above, this may affect our ability to provide to you the products and services you have asked us to provide.
If you supply us with information about another person, you agree to show them a copy of this statement and to tell the person that:
- we are holding personal information about that person;
- personal information collected about that person will usually be disclosed to third party organisations described in this statement; and
- personal information collected about that person will be used for the primary purpose set out in this statement and without that personal information, this purpose cannot be fulfilled; and
- the person has the right to request removal of the information we hold about him or her. This may affect our ability to provide to you the products and services you have asked us to provide.
If you, or another person who's information you have supplied, do not wish to consent to your personal information being used for these purposes you can write to The General Manager, Dealer Solutions, PO Box 2445 Fortitude Valley, Queensland 4006; or email to the address below.
All enquiries to - email@example.com